Tuesday, August 17, 2010

RP musings

Was looking through some RP discussions and I saw something that irked me. One person who was not a fan and knew nothing about Trek said to the effect: "How hard could it be? It's just the same as any other RPing."






These are just a few of the thoughts that come to my mind when I see comments like that:


#1: You cannot have a successful Role-Play if you do not know the show.


#2: To RP is to BE in your character's mind. It's a terrific way to learn about them, what they think, how they would act, and so forth. You can't RP if you don't know the character, especially if the one you play is Canon.


#3: How could someone really have the gall to be so ignorant in such a statement? Role-Playing is a game, but it's a serious way of acting, even if you don't do it professionally. Messing up is unheard of. Would the character go so off their personality like that? No, I don't think so. What you see in the show and your person is all you're going to get. So for example if someone who RPed from Babylon 5 came into Avatar and started yammering off, they wouldn't be taken seriously.


#4: Above all, that statement is in the true essence of the word "n00bish."




~




Okay, I've finished my rant. Feel better now? I do. LOL XD



No comments:

Post a Comment